Impact, idea, allure, aesthetics, craftsmanship!
Advertisements and posters are one of the primary markets for graphic designers. Posters must be eye-catching, professional, and convey an important message about a product, service or event, all while maintaining the viewer's interest.
A poster should work on many levels. Posters are art with a purpose: to communicate, announce, promote, or inform, resulting in increased awareness or sales. Posters are a method of communication just like your website, presentation, brochure, and logo. The better your poster design, the more likely your audience will understand your products and service.
Key points to design a poster
Keep your poster simple and visually uncluttered. Someone standing three feet away should quickly understand what each component is and why it is there. On a poster, columns are easier for the eye to follow than information laid out left to right.
- Each poster should have a title. Any text used on the poster should be created on a computer to guarantee that the type is clear and easy to read.
- Background materials and graphics should have straight edges and even margins. If you are pasting separate components onto your poster, use a ruler and razor knife to cut out charts, graphics, photos and text.
- Illustrations and photographs should be clear and properly proportioned. Image files should be high resolution, and tifs or gifs are best.
- Connect your text to the graphic elements.
- Viewers cannot read small type from a distance, use 24pt type or larger.
- Be concise. Can you explain something better in chart? Would bullets make your point more effectively than a solid paragraph? What about photographs?
As you jot down the elements you want to include in your poster, group together key or related information. Think about ways to convey those ideas as a unit. A well designed poster can make a big impact at trade shows and your own events. Our team understands that posters are another way of communication and they are best used as an aid to a discussion and our team brings out the essence of your topic.
A brief summary of our Poster Design service
We can design One-off posters for a specific event, Corporate or product poster, calendar poster, etc. More details please go to Poster Printing sector.
You win all the rights to the Images.
Unlike other service providers, DPP does not hold on to the copy rights once they have been handed over.